Stress, Anxiety, Fear
Are things we all experience at sometime or another, some of us more than others but we all feel them to some degree. To overcome these problems we must get over some of the following truths and realize:
- As long as you progress in your life and experience new things, you WILL experience Fear. It is a healthy emotion we all have to stop us doing stupid things.
- The only way to get rid of Fear of something, is to go out and do what needs to be done. The things we fear are never as bad as they seem anyway.
- Its not only you who experiences fear when doing something unfamiliar. Everyone does, even the most outgoing seemingly comfortable/laid back people are scared on unfamiliar territory.
- Pushing through your fear and anxiety is easier and better than the feeling of helplessness being scared leaves you with.
Once we realize that fear is something normal, it is easier to accept it and move on with whatever needs to be done in life. If your upset or angry use that energy to do something constructive like clean your room, go for a hard workout or just go for a run (you won’t feel like it at the time but you will feel a whole lot better once your done).
You Have Power
Realize that you and no one else has the power over your thinking. Most people associate power with being a big earner, big shot or someone in control of many people or things. We all ultimately have the same amount of power, and that is the ability to think and do what we want; It is your choice to feel upset, your choice to feel sad, your choice how you react to situations.
Once you realize this it is easy to shut-up your minds Pain-Body or Chatter box which tries to feed on negative thoughts or emotions. When you feel these thoughts coming through your head just ignore them and allow them to pass, all they do is feed your minds negativity. Realize that you have total control over this and there is no need to think any negative feelings and let them manifest.
The Diagram above shows our mindset, when we are; sad, depressed or anxious we are close to our pain side when we take action by doing constructive things like:
- A Workout: Hit the weights, go for a run.
- Cleaning your garage or bedroom
- Meeting a friend for dinner/drinks
- Calling someone you haven’t spoken to in years
- Reading a book
Doing constructive actions gets us closer to the power end of the diagram. The only way to get away from pain and its debilitating feelings like anxiety, fear, and depression is to know that we have to keep ourselves busy with constructive actions and these actions breed confidence and strength.
We all have the power to be positive with our actions and our mindset, unfortunately most people use weak and negative language while speaking. How many time have you said I Should when you can say I Could or how often do you hear someone saying I hope to lose 5 pounds this month when the could be saying I Will lose 5 pounds this month.
These things sound somewhat trivial, but never underestimate the power of our subconscious and by using positive vocabulary you will be shocked at how much better you feel. So try to get into the habit of being positive when speaking.
Positivity is also a mindset get into the habit of seeing Problems as something you can learn from and turn them into Oppurunities. Once you realize that a negative mindset will ALWAYScompromises your ability to deal with any situation whether it be an illness or fear of losing your job. You have Power over your mindset, So don’t let it drag you down.
Remember that when something worth worrying about comes along all you can do is deal with it, so be confident that whatever comes your way “You Will Handle It” and learn from the experience.
Always take responsibility
We are the only people in control no one else so there is no point in blaming others for the way we feel, or what we have done.
- Never blame others for your actions or the way you feel. You and no one else controles the thoughts in your head.
- Taking responsibility means NOT blaming yourself. Realize that the problem was manifested by yourself all you can do is learn from it and move on.
- Learn to Handle your pain-body or negative thoughts inside your head, do not let them talk you into feeling a certain way.
We are always 100% responsible for our emotions, its our choice to feel the way we do at any given moment.
This post came to light when I was feeling down a few days back. I was manifested with feelings of fear and anxiety. I decided enough was enough. I had talked my way into a weak state of mind. This rarely happens to me anymore but I had let myself slip and realized I was the only one who could fix things.
This started by going for a workout, and appreciating how lucky I am to be able to workout! Next I ran into an excellent blog post by PutThingsOff. This instantly got the ball rolling I came back home cleaned up and started getting in touch with friends and family making plans for the weekend, then I started writing/working on my blog. Once that was done I continued reading positive material.
Realizing I had power over my thoughts and actions was truly liberating. I know that even if bad things happen I will handle them when they come around. Over 90% Percent of the things we worry about NEVER happen anyway!
–Accept Fear as a part of life and a healthy emotion
-Realize you have Power over your thoughts and actions
-Go and do something constructive
-Be Positive with your Mindset and Language
-Take total responsibility for your actions and feelings
This is a great article from Mike OD at the IF Life to supplement this reading: Click Here……….
And please check out this inspirational video from Will Smith, bookmark it and watch it whenever you feel in need:
Will Smith – Running and Reading